“ Capricorn District, the home of excellence and opportunities for a better life
“To provide quality services, in a cost effective and efficient manner, through competent people, partnerships, information and knowledge management creating sustainability of economic development in the interest of all stakeholders”
I – RESPECT
COAT OF ARMS
1.Horizontal partition – Tropic of Capricorn Agriculture, mining and industry
2. Sunflowers – Both Agriculture and representative of the Sun which on 21
December overhead the Tropic.
3. Cogwheel – Mining and Industry
4. Picks – Used in Mining and Agriculture
5. Above the shield – Moral Crown, heightened with palisades representing Civic
Authority and also stone work and rural palisades.
6. Supporters – Ground Hornbills – Link with Eco-tourism. They are bushveld birds and comparatively rare.
7. Base on which they stand – representing grassland, bushveld and mountains
8. Motto Ribbon – Re Šoma le Setšhaba