Capricorn District Municipality has elected and inaugurated Cllr Mamedupi Teffo as the Executive Mayor on 26 November 2021. Council also elected Cllr Maseka Pheedi as the Speaker of Council and Cllr Chuene Malebana as Chief Whip.
The Executive Mayor further appointed her Members of Mayoral Committee as follows:
– MMC Infrastructure Services – Cllr Maite Mohale
– MMC Corporate Services – Cllr Sammy Selamolela
– MMC Finance – Cllr Maria Ramokolo
– MMC Planning and Environmental Management – Cllr Matome Masoga
– MMC Strategic Executive Management Services – Cllr Solly Mahlatjie
– MMC Local Economic Development- Cllr Caroline Mamabolo
– MMC Community Services – Cllr Elizabeth Rahlana
– MMC Sports Art and Culture – Cllr Makgalemela Makhura
Cllr Teffo said this team “understands the magnitude of responsibility that lies ahead and I have no doubt that they are equal to the task of ensuring that indeed we build better communities in this region”.
Today she chaired her first Mayoral Committee meeting that considered reports that should be forwarded to the first Council meeting that is convened for the 20th December 2021.