Capricorn District Municipality handed over the water project site and introduced the service provider for the Diwaweni Water Supply on 17 August 2023 at Diwaweni Village in Botlokwa under Molemole Local Municipality. The handover session was led by Cllr. Maite Mohale.
The project is estimated to cost over R10m with twenty job opportunities to be created.
The work on the project commenced on 16 August 2023 with an estimated completion date reported as 15 December 2023.
The scope of work for the project includes:
– Sitting, drilling and testing of two new boreholes.
– Equipping and electrification of two boreholes.
– Construction of approximately
4, 000m of uPVC bulk water and reticulation supply pipelines.
– Installation of thirty standpipes.
– Installation of a new 150, 00kl elevated steel tank.
– Fencing of boreholes and storage facilities with steel palisade fence.
Cllr Mogale urged all stakeholders involved to work together to ensure the project is completed on time.