Capricorn District Municipality has made public the burial services guidelines. The guidelines made public are in line with Regulation no.796 of 17 July 2020 issued in terms of Regulations made under Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act no.57 of 2002): Measures to address, prevent and combat the spread of Covid-19
1. In line with Disaster management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002) and regulations on COVID-19, gatherings of more than 50 people are prohibited, therefore only close family members should attend a funeral service of a person that died of COVID-19 or other infectious
2. For protecting the health of the mourners at a burial service, a COVID-19 patient should not attend a burial service irrespective of his or her relationship with the deceased.
3. Non-Covid-19 mortal remains must not be kept for more than ten (10) days from the date of death.
4. COVID-19 mortal remains must not be kept for more than seven (7) days at the mortuary
5. Food handlers must be free of any medical condition and must observe personal hygiene at all times.
6. No mass catering during this period in funerals.
7. Prepacked food must be served to avoid que.
8. The funeral processions and service must be finalized within an hour at home and another hour at the graveyard.
9. Sanitize microphone before use by the next speaker or avoid the use of microphones.
10. The funeral service must only be conducted at the bereaved home.