Capricorn District Municipality handed over two water project sites and introduced the service providers to the community of Ga-Molokela and Silvermyn respectively on 25 August 2023. The project cost is over R24m. The jobs to be created during the project implementation in the area are expected to be twenty-five.
On the same day, the construction work on the project started and the project is expected to be completed by 25 February 2024. The scope of work on the project includes:
– Equipping and electrification of three boreholes.
– Construction of approximately 11,700m of uPVC pipelines which consists of the bulk water supply and reticulation with different diameters. – Installation of ninety standpipes.
– Installation of a new 150,00kl elevated steel tank.
– Installation of 100,00kl grounded stacked steel tank.
– Installation of water treatment package plant.
– Construction of brine water ponds.
– Fencing of boreholes, storage facilities and water purification package plant with palisade steel fence.
At Silvermyn village, the district municipality handed over the water project with a cost estimate of over R5m. The implementation of the project will result in job opportunities to be created in the area. The project is expected to create ten job opportunities in the area.
The project commenced on 25 August 2023 and will be completed by 25 February 2024.
The scope of work on the project includes:
– Sitting, drilling and testing of one borehole.
– Equipping and electrification of one borehole.
– Construction of approximately 1,500m of uPVC pipelines which consists of the bulk water supply and reticulation with different diameters. – Installation of ten standpipes. Installation of a new 150,00kl elevated steel tank. Fencing of boreholes and storage facilities with palisade steel fence.
During the handover, the leadership urged members of the community and all stakeholders involved to ensure the project is completed on time.