In accordance with Section 166 of the Local Government Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003, Local Government Municipal Planning and Performance Management Regulation of 2001, Capricorn District Municipality seeks to appoint suitably qualified professionals that will serve as Audit Committee members.
Nominations are invited from various fields of professions that will add value to the Municipality.
The members of the committee should at least meet the following requirements: –
- NQF Level 7 as a minimum qualification
- 3 years’ experience as an Audit Committee member within the Local Government or Municipality or Municipal Entity with positive audit outcomes.
- Have a sound knowledge of issues affecting Local Government, expertise/skills and experience in the following fields as an added advantage:
- Performance Management
- Engineering and Project management
- Must currently not be serving in more than three Audit Committees
The members of the committee should at least meet the following competency requirements:-
- have the necessary leadership and personal qualities.
- have the ability to lead and participate in the discussions.
- have a good understanding of the committee position in the governance structure.
- have the ability and capability to conduct the Audit Committee affairs efficiently and effectively.
- Advice the Municipal Council, the political office-bearers, the Accounting Officer and management staff of the municipality on matters mentioned above.
- Review the Annual Financial Statements of the municipality to provide the Municipal Council with an authoritative and credible view of the financial position of the municipality including its efficiency, effectiveness and its overall level of compliance with applicable legislation.
- Respond to the Council on any issues raised by the Auditor-General.
- Report to Council quarterly in a format as outlined in the internal audit framework as published by Treasury.
- Perform duties as required by section 166 of the Local Government Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003
A detailed CV and profile should be submitted for attention of:
The Municipal Manager
Capricorn District Municipality
P.O Box 4100
Closing date: 30 June 2023 Enquiries: Ms. B Mosomane: (015) 294 1202