“We have a role to play as learners in insuring that to we table motions that can be debated and inform policy decisions” says Cllr MC Masoga the MMC for Planning representing the Executive Mayor.
He said this during the Road Safety Debate Competition 2022 that took place at Polokwane Library Gardens today. Seven schools from both Department of Education Southern and Northern Circuits tables motions on how to curb road fatalities in our province.
The top five leaners that won will be competing at provincial level against the other four districts. The program is a product of the Department of Transport and Community Services in partnership with Capricorn District Municipality and Department of Education.
Name of the learner Name of the school Position
1. Monyela Thoriso Klass Mothapo Secondary School 10
2. Mudau Vhulenda Noordeland Hoer Skool 9
3. Maake Phetola St Bedes Christian School 8
4. Ramohlale Nyeleti Nare secondary school 7
5.Theopistos Ayo Maseale Progressive School 6
6. Mojela Rose Klass Mothapo Secondary School 5
7.Makgoto Kegoratile Maseale Progressive School 4
8.Thobela Dimpho Maseale Progressive School 3
9. Manamela Refentse Noordeland Hoer Skool 2
10. Makwela Kgaugelo Klass Mothapo Secondary School 1